Saturday

Honey

We were left in a room on a boat. Its been a few days now and they have not fed us. We are starving. All I can really think about a bowl of soft, warm, sweet, white, rice. To help stop thinking about food I got to know my roommates. Ching Wu is 13, So So was 10, Ah Wei is 7 and Ah Ying is 5. Wei and Ying are sisters who are orphans from an orphanage not far from mine. They don't know what happened to their parents. So So was also from the same orphanage and her parents had given her up like mine. Ching Wu's parents had died when she was 10. Her aunt, who was raising her for the last 3 years, sold her off.

Suddenly that mean lady burst into the room holding a bottle of honey with a man following behind her.
"It is time to introduce myself. I'm Ying. You will all call me Ying Ma. As you well know, your mother and father hate you and that is why you are orphans. Out of the kindness of my heart I decided to take you into my care and..tsk..then give you off to someone else who wants you more." She smiles. "So from now on I will be the one who will feed you and give you a place to live and all you have to do in return is make me money." She smiles again. "So, your probably wondering why I haven't fulfilled my part in the bargain, food. WELL this is the start of your training." Ying Ma lifts up her arm and dangled the bottle of honey in the air and then places it on the table next to her. "It's supper time girls, Tao" She nudges her head "Get up here and drop your pants."

No comments: