Wednesday

America

None of the other girls will play with me. They leave when I sit with them or they spit on my shoes. It’s because I’m Ah Yee favorite. She gives me the most food. She said that she wants a pretty girl like me fat. I don’t really want to be fat but she hits my fingers with her chopsticks if I don’t finish my rice. She said she needs me to be presentable. When I asked her who I would be seeing, Ah Yee said that little girls should not be so nosy. I wish the other girls would talk to me, but Ah Yee told me not to worry. I will be leaving soon. She said I’m going to America. I heard everyone is beautiful there and there’s a lot of women who can’t have babies and is more than happy to adopt girls from China. Maybe I can be one of those girls. Maybe there will be a mother who wants me.

No comments: