Thursday

Su Su

He kept stroking me. My arm, my hair, my waist. I flinched the first time he touched my back but Ah Yee immediately smacked the right side of my head with her wood-stiff hands. He was nice to me though. After she hit me he told her that that wasn’t necessary. He glided the back of his hand against my left cheek, smiled and said “Such a nice girl. I’m so lucky, haven’t seen a good one like this in a long time. Such soft skin.” I felt pretty and I could feel myself blush. He gave me a large grin, turned his hand and gently pinched the apple of my cheek. Maybe Mother was crazy to give me up after all. I could tell Ah Yee was excited about the comment as well. Her dreary eyes suddenly gleamed with light. She rushed me back to my room. She said the adults needed to talk. While in my room, I couldn’t help myself. I quietly opened my door and peered out. I saw him and I could feel my heart leap out. There’s hope. He thinks I’m special. He likes me. Su su wants to take me to America.

No comments: